The 5:10 to Yuma 5k/10k Walk/Run is all set to take off Saturday morning on Main Street.
Organizers are expecting around 200 plus participants between the 5k and the 10K. Here’s the schedule and some important things to note:
Friday, June 18
• Packet Pick Up and Registration at Bank of Colorado from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m.
Saturday, June 19 (Race Day)
• 5 a.m. – Main Street will be closed from First Ave. and Main to Highway 34. All of Main Street will open back up, except for the 100 Block of Main, after 7:30 a.m. The 100 Block of Main will open at 12 noon for vehicles.
• 6 a.m. – Packet Pick Up and Race Day Registration available on Second and Main.
• 7:10 a.m. – Race Start (10K will start at 7:10 AM and 5K will be a few minutes after)
Please watch for runners on all streets during 7:10 a.m. and 10 a.m. Roads will not be closed so please use caution and adhere to volunteers that may be directing traffic.
• 8 a.m. — Pancake breakfast will be served to race participants. (Breakfast can be bought for $6.)
Entertainment starts on First and Main.
Beer garden open for race participants (must have red wrist band to enter).
• 11 a.m. — Awards given to age group winners and overall fastest 10k and 5k male/female.
• 11:30 a.m. – Breakdown and festivities end.
Courses are well marked and there are lots of awesome volunteers! Aid stations at airport, County Road 37, 10th and Elm, and 3rd and Ivy.
Course route for 5K
Second Ave. and Main St. to 10th Ave./right on 10th to Ash/left on Ash to 13th/right on 13th to Birch Circle/left on Birch Circle to 10th/left on 10th to Elm/right on Elm to Sixth Ave./left on Sixth to Ivy/right on Ivy to Third Ave/right on Third to Elm/left on Elm to Park/right on Park to Second/left on Second to Main and Finish.
Course route for 10k
Second Ave. and Main to 10th/left on 10th to Buffalo/right on Buffalo to 11th/right on 11th to Albany/left on Albany to gravel road and end of road/left on gravel road/cross Highway 59 to airport/Airport runway to end of old runway/turn right/ follow path to cross Highway 59 to County Road 37/County Road 37 to County Road E/Right on County Road E to 10th/right on 10th to Elm/left on Elm to Sixth Ave./ left on Sixth to Ivy/right on Ivy to Third Ave./right on Third to Elm/left on Elm to Park/right on Park to Second/left on Second to Main and Finish.